We understand that from time to time you may wish to return a product to us.
We have created this [30/60/90]-day returns policy to enable you to return products to us in appropriate circumstances.
Where you have no other legal right to return a product and receive a refund or exchange, then you will nonetheless be entitled to return a product to us where:
- we receive the returned product within [30/60/90] days following the date of [purchase / delivery] of the product;
- the returned product is unused, in its original [unopened] packaging [(with any seal or shrink-wrap intact)][, with any labels still attached,] and otherwise in a condition enabling us to sell the product as new;
3. Returns procedure
In order to take advantage of your rights under this returns policy, you must: [detail procedures]
The following kinds of products may not be returned under this policy:
- food, drink and any other products liable to deteriorate within the period set out in Section 1 and 2 above;
We will give you a refund for the full price of any product properly returned by you in accordance with the terms of this returns policy ([including / excluding] the original delivery charges and [including / excluding] the costs of returning the product to us).
6. Improper returns
Where you return a product in contravention of this policy (and where you do not have any other legal right to return the product):
- we will not refund or exchange the product;
- we may retain the returned product until you pay to us such additional amount as we may charge for re-delivery of the returned product; and
- This returns policy template is intended for use on websites that want to offer their customers some extra-statutory returns rights (in line with practice in most large retailers). It should be used in conjunction with a “terms of sale” document incorporating appropriate provisions concerning customers' statutory rights (e.g. under the Distance Selling Regulations). It is drafted for use with customers who are consumers (as opposed to businesses).
- For example, do customers have to telephone or send an email notice before they return a product? Do customers need to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorisation (RMA) number? What must be sent with the product (e.g. an RMA, a receipt or invoice)?